Mostly all large-scale, successful websites are complex with tons of pages and content. But not all the time do we need large, content-rich websites. That’s why many have embraced a new style of website, ditching the traditional approach. It will be worthwhile to invest your time in one-page WordPress website development.
Why Create a One-Page Website
Most of the websites have lots of pages. Even if the number of pages is minimum, still there’s one home page, one about page, one contact page, and different pages for various content or services that the brand offers.
However, the one-page website contains all dispensable information down under one page. Of course, there are dedicated sections to cater to all the crucial information without confusing the visitors. There are various benefits that this one-page website offers, like:
- Maintenance ease as these websites has way less content to deal with.
- One-page website is simple and makes it easy for the visitors to navigate through it and find out what they are looking for.
Of course, the one-page design is compatible with every website. Complex, large sites have their place. But, if you are running a portfolio or a small business site, you may consider the one-page format.
Elements Essential for One-Page Website
A single-page website requires you to be deliberate about things you want to include in it. Provide the information that will encourage your audience to take the next step. However, you should stay away from cluttering the page. All the elements and texts that the page contains must be there for some reason.
Here are few tips on the essential elements for your one-page website:
- Website CTA like contact, sign up, or purchase button has to be prominent.
- Don’t forget to add the about section that explains who you are and your company or organization.
- If it’s relevant, add a list of your products or services.
- Branding elements like logo and tagline are a must.
- Contact information that includes various channels.
- Add links to different places like social media profiles and content around the web.
Creating an Step-By-Step One-Page Website
As you have already understood why many people prefer one-page websites, you can consider making them for your work. But, how to design your website? Before designing your website, you can check few one-page websites to get an idea.
Determine the Focus of Your Website
If you have planned to create a one-page website, be deliberate with the design. It means you have to be very clear about what goals the website will serve for you. As you have constraints of one, your focus should be on one or two key things.
First, think about the primary CTA of your website, and then you design the site around it. So, what you want from the visitors- purchase a product from the site, sign up for a membership, hire for a job, etc.? Therefore, the website must have everything that encourages visitors to take the action you have planned them to step into.
But in order for them to do so, you have to give them comprehensive information that they will need. It includes the benefits and defining the next steps clearly. A dedicated WordPress website development service team can help you design the perfect website for your need.
Select a Perfect One-page Theme
When creating your one-page website, it will be smart to choose a one-page theme over other themes. One-page themes are specifically built to suit your requirement. Such themes make it easy to include all important elements, maintaining the interesting design in mind.
What to look for when you pick a one-page theme:
- A theme with pre-build elements is important. However, you must be able to tweak it as per your requirement.
- Break up your page into various sections which can be distinguished visually
- It should be easy to add CTA buttons that can be personalized later.
- Great navigation that allows visitors to go to various sections of the page swiftly.
WordPress has plenty of one-page themes. You have to search for the theme that’s perfect for comprehensive yet concise one-page sites. Themes with pre-built sections are good for contact info, a storefront, your bio, and more.
Design Your Website
Once you have figured out what elements you want to include on your site, have a clear focus. As you have already chosen a strong theme by now, it is time to design the page. Your website design must be appropriate to your niche audience while reflecting your style and optimized. So, don’t just follow a formula.
But you must keep some of the following tips in your mind as you set up your website:
- Always keep your webpage simple. Therefore, you must not include any element that doesn’t serve a particular purpose on your website.
- You would want to create navigation for your visitors to jump to their needed sections quickly.
- Create a distinction between various sections by introducing different headers, background colors or images, etc.
- Don’t forget to make the primary CTAs persuasive and prominent.
You can create an excellent one-page website quicker than a traditional website. Just resort to a reputed WordPress website development service to create your one-page website.
When you have to accomplish a few crucial tasks through a website, you can create a one-page website. You can include only the information that your visitors need for taking action that you want them to take. A one-page website is way easier to maintain than a website with multiple pages.
Author Bio –
Hermit Chawla is a MD at AIS Technolabs which is a Web/App design and Development Company, helping global businesses to grow by Global Clients. He love to share his thoughts on Web & App Development, Clone App Development and Game Development.