Used by more than 1.5 billion people around the world, WhatsApp is one of the most loved apps in the market. Millions of new users are joining the app each day and using it to stay connected with their loved ones.
The developers have released a new app called WhatsApp Business for business enterprises to connect and interact with their customers and reach a new target audience. Small scale businesses can continue to use regular WhatsApp for free while the medium and large scale enterprises can use WhatsApp Business app.WhatsApp Gateway Service for API Integration.
WhatsApp Business can be used from multiple computers by integrating the app with the system and database of the enterprises using an API. Many companies provide WhatsApp Gateway service that enables enterprises to use a web application to send and receive messages.
The rich, interactive WhatsApp interface allows sending and receiving messages in the form of text, images, and documents, audio and video files. There is no limit to the length of the text of a message. Links to the purchase website can be included, and the app will show a preview of the website to users in the chatbox. Also, the end to end encryption feature of WhatsApp helps keep the private conversations secure.
The WhatsApp Gateway service providers offer the following features to enterprises.
- A webhook is also called as a web callback or an HTTP push API.
- The webhook delivers real-time data to other application. This means that the information received is delivered immediately.
- When a customer sends a message, the webhook will send the message to the API, allowing the support staff to read the message as soon as it is sent to the system.
- The webhooks are maintained and managed by the companies. They ensure that the webhooks function at all times.
- Interactive Dashboard
- Companies provide enterprises with an interactive dashboard where the number of messages sent, delivered, rejected, received, etc. are recorded real-time.
- The list of inactive phone numbers in the database is also listed. Enterprises can contact the users through email or other communication channel and get the latest phone numbers and update them in the database.
- Active complaints, resolved complaints, live conversations, and a record of messages are displayed for the enterprises to have a clear idea of how things are.
- Immediate Message Delivery
- The companies ensure that the platform is error-free and runs efficiently round the clock.
- The messages are delivered in priority to users by streamlining the message traffic based on the geographical locations of the users.
- Once the messages are delivered, the delivery reports are reflected in the dashboard.
- Scheduling Messages
- Messages can be scheduled to be sent to users on certain dates at a specific time.
- Promotional messages are usually scheduled in advance to send recurring campaigns to users.
- Reliable and Secure Platform
- The cloud platform is reliable and guarantees 99.9% uptime with system redundancy.
- Data encryption keeps the information secure as per the enterprise-grade rules and policies.
- Role-based access control prevents unauthorized access to the app by using the platform.
- Two-factor Authentication
- User verification is done using the two-factor authentication to ensure that the transactional messages can be sent to users via WhatsApp.
- One Time Passwords (OTP) and other confidential information can be shared with users through private chats.
- The data security that is provided by the companies, combined with the end to end encryption of WhatsApp act as double security layers and keep the hackers from accessing the information.
- Webhook Tracking Message
- The webhooks track the messages real-time to update the enterprises about the messages that have been delivered, rejected, canceled, read, etc.
- Enterprises can know how many users their brand is reaching into the market.
- Group or Bulk Messages
- Users can be grouped and labeled based on their product preferences or purchase history.
- Bulk messages can be sent to users to promote a product or service or to send information about discounts or deals.
- Users with similar service schedules or payment due dates can be sent reminders at once by grouping them together.
- Integration with SMS Gateway
- Users may not always be able to access WhatsApp. The app needs an internet connection.
- In such instances, integrating with the SMS gateway will prove to be an advantage.
- The messages that have not been delivered through WhatsApp will automatically be re-routed through an SMS gateway.
The idea is to make sure that the user receives the messages sent by the enterprises, one way or another.