XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level management entrance test conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur to select appropriate candidates for its various management courses. It is India’s 3rd most popular management test after CAT and MAT. XAT is accepted by more than 150 highly ranked B schools in India including XLRI, SPJIMR, XIMB, IMT and many others. This is a pen paper based test of 3 ½ hours held in a single session. The latest edition of XAT was held on January 8, 2017. On the other hand, the notification for XAT 2018 is expected to be released in last week of July. To know more about XAT 2017 Results, Cutoff and Selection Process, kindly read the article thoroughly.
XAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university or institute.
- Final year / semester students can also apply for the test.
- There is no age limit to apply for XAT exam.
- Foreign candidates can apply GMAT score.
XAT 2018 Application Process
Application process is quite easy and need to be complete online only. To start the process one need to visit the official website i.e. http://xatonline.net.in/. Once you reach the site click on “Register” to create an account using your email ID. Within few moments a personal XAT ID and a special registration link will be delivered in your inbox. Click on that link to create your password. Remember you need the XAT ID and password for future references/uses. Keep them safe.
As your XAT account is ready, now you can start the form filling process. Enter all the required details including name, DOB, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, address, Educational Qualification etc and submit the form. Take a printout of the application for future references. XAT results is declared online at xatonline.net.in.
XAT cutoff is varies from year to year. Every year the cutoff mark is announced by by XLRI along with the result. Cutoff mark determined by several factors like numbers of candidates appeared, availability of seats etc, numbers of participating institutes etc.
XAT Selection Process
The final admission through XAT takes place through a two step process. In the first step, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of performance in XAT exam. And in 2nd step, selection is made on the basis of GD, PI score.
How To Prepare For XAT
- Start preparation from at least 6 months before the exam.
- Download XAT syllabus and previous year question papers from site like collegedunia.com and go through it.
- Make your vocabulary strong by reading leading English Newspapers regularly.
- Make a proper time table so that you work on your weak part.
- Try to take free mock test to boost your confidence.