The Birla Institute of Technology and Science conducts its own University level admission test known as the BITSAT to provide admission for various UG and PG programs in its three campuses- BITS Pilani, K.K. BIRLA Goa campus and BITS Hyderabad.
The BITSAT 2017 is scheduled to be held during 16th to 30th May 2017 and will be Computer Based Test (CBT). The online slot booking was also scheduled during 20th March to 5th April. All the other important notification and dates of BITSAT should be known beforehand so as to never miss a date.
The Complete List of Important Dates For BITSAT 2017 is Provided Below:
|1.||Filling of Online application||December 29, 2016 – March 10, 2017|
|2.||Correction and editing of Application form||March 7 – March 10, 2017|
|3.||Allotment of Exam Center||March 15, 2017|
|4.||Online slot booking for the Exam||March 20 – April 5, 2017|
|5.||Release of Admit card||April 15 – May 10, 2017|
|6.||Schedule for the CBT||May 16 – May 30, 2017|
|7.||Apply for the Admission||May 20 – June 30, 2017|
|8.||Announcement of Wait list||July 1, 2017|
The application form for the BITSAT was available only online and the fee was Rs. 2750 for male applicants and 2250 for female candidates.
The booking for the exam slot must be done early so as to get the desired selection dates. The Admit cards will be available for downloading from the official site of BITSAT from the aforementioned date.
The BITSAT exam, as mentioned earlier, there will be an online test of 3 hours with four sections and the test will comprise of a total of 150 objective type questions. There is also a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrectly attempted question.
The Detailed Pattern For The BITSAT 2017 Is:
|Section Number||Subject Name||Total Questions|
|III.||a. English Proficiency||15|
|b. Logical Reasoning||10|
|IV.||Mathematics or Biology (for Pharmacy)||45|
The eligibility criteria for the BITSAT 2017 are:
- Candidates must have obtained 75% marks in PCM (Maths, Physics and Chemistry)or PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) group along with having English as a compulsory subject from CBSE, ICSE or any other recognized boards.
- For Engineering courses, applicants should have “PCM” as compulsory subjects, while for Pharmacy degree, applicants from both “PCM” and “PCB’ are eligible.
- Aspirants appearing for the qualifying exam are eligible but the candidates with two or more years of study gap are not eligible.
The Syllabus for the BITSAT 2017 remains same for all the subjects mentioned in the pattern. Most of the syllabus topics are from the 11 and 12 itself with the Logical Reasoning and English as exceptions.
The detailed syllabus for the BITSAT 2017 is given below:
- Units and Measurement
- Newton’s laws of motion
- Work & Energy
- Impulse and Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Current and Electricity
- Solids and Fluids Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Magnetic effect of current
- Modern Physics
- Electronic Devices
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- States of Matter
- Physical and chemical equilibrium
- Atomic structure
- Hydrogen and s,p,d,f block elements
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Molecular structure & Chemical bonding
- Hydrocarbon and Organic chemistry
- Organic compounds (Oxygen and Nitrogen functional groups)
- Molecular structure and chemical bonding
- Environmental, Biological and Industrial chemistry
- Experimental Chemistry – theoretical concepts
- Algebra, Quadratic equations and complex numbers
- Progressions (AP, GP and HP)
- Exponential series
- Sets, Functions and Relations
- Binomial theorem and Pascal’s triangle
- Matrix and determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Straight lines and Circles
- Trigonometry and Height & Distance
- Verbal Ability and Reasoning
- Theme detection
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence correction and rearrangement
- Sentence and Passage completion
- Error correction for sentences and passages
- Word formation
- Conclusion and Composition
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill in the blanks and Unseen passages
- Logical Reasoning:
- Verbal, Nonverbal and Arithmetic Reasoning
- Binary Logic
- Syllogism and Analogy
- Puzzles- Figures and alphanumeric sequences
- Alphabet, Classification and Eligibility tests
- Coding- Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
- Reason and Assertion
- Theme detection
- Statement-conclusion and Statement-Arguments
- Clock & Calendars
- Series Completion – Number and Alphabet
- Conclusion deriving from passages
- Ranking and sequences
- Mathematical Operations
- Reason and Assertion
- Direction test
- Situation test
- Blood Relation
Producing the Admit card at the exam venue is mandatory and failing to produce may lead to disqualification. This Admit card will contain the address of the exam venue, timings and other personal details of the applicant.
The cutoff for the BITSAT varies every year and is decided by the authorities. The admissions to different campuses and streams will be decided by the scores since the applicants are given choices according to their ranks.
Also, the top rankers from all the boards will be given the provision of direct admission to different courses according to their choices.
The Admission process will start after the applicant submits the admission application, 12th marks sheet and the preference to the Dean of admissions along with the application fee. The address for the submission is-
The Dean Admissions,
BITS, Pilani – 333 031
About the author:
With a degree in Engineering, Souvik Bhattacharjee is a content writer by profession. He loves writing and blogging along with part-time teaching. He is presently exploring all about the digital education with Byju’s-the Learning App.
Email_id: [email protected]