CMAT or Common Management Admission Test is conducted by All India Council for Technical Examination (AICTE) once in a year to select candidates for various management programs including MBA. Though it is relatively a new entrance test compared to other management entrance exams like CAT, XAT ete, the score of CMAT is widely accepted by various top B-schools across India. Recently, DTE Maharashtra has made it mandatory for students who want study management courses in Maharashtra colleges under All India quota. Some of the premier B-schools which accepts CMAT score are IMT, JBIMS, GIM, KJ Somaiya etc.In this article, we list all the details about CMAT exam. To know more about the exam read the article thoroughly.
The AICTE CMAT is a three hour computer based online exam which is conducted in a single season. The question paper comprises four sections- Logical reasoning, Quantitative technique, Language comprehension and General awareness. Each section contains 25 questions. For each correct answer 4 marks is awarded and for each wrong answer one mark is deducted. No marks are given for questions that are not answered.
Eligibility For CMAT
The eligibility criteria for CMAT is as follows-
- The candidate should be a graduate in any discipline with at least 50% marks.
- Final year students of graduate courses (10+2+3) can also take the exam.
- There’s no age limit to appear for CMAT.
- The aspirant must be a citizen of India.
CMAT Exam Format And Pattern
Type of Exam: Objective Type.
Exam Duration: The test is held for 180 minutes.
Marking: 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 negative mark for each wrong answer.
No breaks will be given during the test. To do all mathematical calculations a scratch paper will be provided. The candidate must leave the scratch paper at the desk while he/she leaves the exam hall.
How To Prepare For AICTE CMAT
CMAT is quite easy as compared to CAT. But it does not mean that one can score good marks easily without much preparation. To get selected for a top level B-School, you need to answer each question properly.
- Look at the syllabus first and plan a strategy.
- Prepare a schedule according to time available.
- Start your CMAT preparation by giving more time to improve your weaknesses.
- Improve vocabulary and read leading English daily newspapers.
- Practice makes man perfect. So, do practice questions every single day.
- Try to take mock test regularly to track your progress.
- Last thing, hard work pays and it does not have any alternative.
Enough tips are given. Start your preparation by following all the above mentioned tips and get ready to score 99%+ile in CMAT. If you are looking for CMAT exam tips please visit Collegedunia.com.
Don’t Miss: How Can Interactive Learning Help You To Grasp More?