West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is a test which is controlled and conducted by the state-owned joint entrance examination board for admission to various government and private medical and engineering colleges in West Bengal. Those who have appeared for the higher secondary examination with pure science stream are counted to be eligible to appear for this test. But after the President’s verdict this year, the medical joint would only be conducted by a centrally organized common medical entrance called NEET from next year.
Revised Pattern Questions WBJEE
If you are planning to sit for WBJEE, then you should obviously be aware of that the West Bengal Joint Entrance Board has revised the exam pattern this year a little. There will only be single or multiple type questions and against each question, there will be four options and among them, you need to choose the correct one and you have to mark it in the OMR sheet provided to you.
Various Categories of Questions:
There are some other revisions, brought by joint entrance board of west Bengal. Those are as follows.
- There will be three categories of questions for each of the subjects.
- Category-1, In this category you will get single answer type questions and every question will value 1 mark. For a single wrong answer 0.25 would be deducted as a penalty.
- In the Category- 1, you will be given 60 questions from Mathematics, 30 questions from Physics and 30 questions from Chemistry.
- Category-2. Here each question will be of 2 marks and there will be negative marks of 0.50 for every wrong answer you mark.
- In this second category, among the given questions 10 will come from maths, 5 from Physics and 5 from Chemistry.
- Category-3, in this last and final category you will get multiple answer type questions each carrying 2 marks and there will be no negative marking. You will also be awarded marks for a partially correct answer but if you mark one wrong answer then you will be marked zero for that answer.
Eligibility To Appear In The Entrance:
From the above part, you must have understood the pattern of questions you are going to face in the joint entrance exam. But now you should also know about the eligibility criteria for WBJEE.
- At first, you have to be an Indian citizen.
- You need to be 17 years of old on or before the 31st January of that year you are going to appear in WBJEE.
- If you want to get admitted in govt colleges then your domicile must be in West Bengal. Though in the case of you are taking admission in private college this is not applicable.
Counselling Procedure and Conditions For Admission:
After the publication of result, you have to appear in the WBJEE Counselling. This Counselling actually takes place in three phases depending on the available seats. At first, you get qualified, you need to register yourself via online and you will also have to pay the counselling fee online. There are also two important points that you must remember-
- If you aim to get admitted in Jadavpur University, then you have to secure at least 60% in your higher secondary examination though for the reserved category the minimum percentage is to be secured is 55%
- And if you take admission in any other institution apart from Jadavpur University, then you just need to secure 45% and 40% as a reserved candidate.
About the Exam Centres And Centre Preferences:
WBJEE generally takes place all over west Bengal including in Tripura, Agartala, Assam and Silchar and you will be allowed to give three preferences for examination centre. Due to the insufficiency of seats and centres, you may not get the centre of your first preference but you will be given the centre of your second choice.