RRB or Railway Recruitment Board is an integral part of the Railway Cell, which is responsible for conducting the hiring of freshers every year. So, for all aspirants who are currently looking for government jobs in the Indian Railway Division, RRB is the answer. Unsurprisingly a significant number of candidate appear for this examination resulting in a robust screening process. Full information and complete preparation along with the right amount of dedication is what a candidate’s mantra should be to prepare for RRB Recruitment.
Tentative Vacancies For RRB 2017
The total number of RRB’s in India is 21, spread across different zones. The tentative number of vacancies for RRB 2017 is 2,35,530. The given number is subject to change, of course, depending on the annual overview of technical requirements and the number of retirements. But nevertheless, it is a huge number thus assuring jobs for a lot of candidates.
How To Apply For RRB 2017
Before applying for RRB 2017, it is a mandatory step for aspirants to check the eligibility criterion. First of all the candidate must be a citizen of India. Though the criteria vary according to the designation, the overall age limit is 18years to 40 years. There are two types of post in RRB: Technical Post and Non-Technical Post.
For Technical Post: Candidate should be a Higher Secondary Graduate and a B.Sc First Year pass. Apart from this, an aspirant must have sound knowledge of Data Networking or working of Electrical Circuits.
For Non-Technical Post: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Given Below are the steps to apply for RRB Recruitment Exam:
- Fill the RRB Online Application form for Railway for of the desired zone. Generate the registration number with a link sent to the specified e-mail id or an OTP sent to the given phone number.
- A “Candidate Login” dashboard will open, where candidates have to fill further information about their experience and qualifications.
- After submitting the details, the dashboard will be redirected to a payment portal where payment can be done using the desired mode.
- Finally a scanned colour photograph of the candidate needs to be uploaded on the online form.
RRB Recruitment Question Pattern
The RRB Recruitment question paper consists of 3 major sections:
- General Awareness and Science: This section includes general questions about science and technology, basic questions from Indian history and about Indian geographical regions. Also, part of this section is dedicated to questions concerning the Indian Economic status.
- Arithmetic Aptitude: This section consists of general mathematics from chapters like ratio, simple and compound interest, profit and loss and time and work problems.
- Logical Reasoning: This section consists of small puzzles to check the problem-solving ability of a candidate.
RRB Recruitment Preparation Tactics
To prepare for RRB, the primary tactic required is practice. Quantitative Aptitude from reference books and previous recruitment examination papers are sufficient when preparing for RRB recruitment. Also, the knowledge about economic statistics of India should be up to date along with some knowledge about the regions of India and their history. All this information can be easily collected from 8th grade to 10th grade textbooks. Alongside, start practicing more logical reasoning puzzles to enhance your thinking speed.